On January 25, Property X-Change and founding partner Cross River Partnership are co-hosting a panel discussion around town centre stewardship.
This conversation will explore how different types of organisations can promote proactive management and stewardship of high street property to create more resilient and dynamic places.
Expert place makers Gianluca Rizzo (Brixton BID) and Stephanie Edwards (Urban Symbiotics) will be presenting on their experiences working in high streets, both in Brixton and engaging communities. They will be sharing examples of positive place management in such dynamic areas of London. Rachael Aldridge (CRP) will be recapping lessons learned about place stewardship from the Town Centre Futures report and its 10 case studies. These insights span transport, economic, environmental and community aspects of Town Centres.
Options to join in person and online.
- 3:50pm – Arrivals and refreshments
- 4pm – Introduction to Property X-Change
- 4:10pm – Gianluca Rizzo, Managing Director, Brixton BID
- 4:20pm – Stephanie Edwards, Founding Director, Urban Symbiotics
- 4:30pm – Rachael Aldridge, Communications Project Manager, Cross River Partnership
- 4:40pm – Roundtable discussions centred on questions from the audience
- 5pm – Networking/refreshments
About your hosts
Cross River Partnership is a partnership delivering environmental, economic and community-focused projects. We support public, private and voluntary organisations to address creatively challenges around Air Quality, Transport, Placemaking and Wellbeing.
Established in 2014 by local businesses, the Brixton BID works to make our district a sustainable and distinctive destination. We provide additional opportunities for our members whilst creating an attractive environment for all. When Brixton works together, everything is possible.
Urban Symbiotics are an insight and research led multi-disciplinary design, architecture and masterplanning practice that focuses on the user experience to provide unified design solutions that span across the physical, digital and social to innovate masterplanning, architecture and the public realm.
Property X-Change is for any individual or organisation with an interest in creating thriving high street property that works for all Londoners. Our broad programme of inspiring conversations and events is co-created together with a diverse network of contributors.
- Gianluca Rizzo, Brixton BID
- Stephanie Edwards, Urban Symbiotics
- Rachael Aldridge, Cross River Partnership
- Amanprit Arnold, Greater London Authority
When & Where
- Wednesday 25th January
- Lord Mayor’s Parlour, 64 Victoria Street, SW1E 6QP
- Also online